Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Moar Books!

"Happiness is downtime with a good book"
-- unknown

The topic of Delphi books has come up again, and I thought an update might be in order.

About a year ago I was impressed by all of the Delphi books that were being published and I posted as many recent examples as I could find.

Not long ago, David Intersimone listed a bunch of Delphi related books, e-books and other learning resources. Including this one that I hadn't noticed before.

And now there are a few updates that are worth mentioning. If you have any other examples, please let me know.

btw, electronic versions of both Nick's and Marco's books are available for free to registered users of the latest version of Delphi. I seem to remember that this might include people who have registered the trial.



More Coding in Delphi

by Nick Hodges

This is a worthy successor to his earlier book Coding in Delphi.

In a recent partner spotlight, he spoke about the Command Pattern from the book.

Nick mentioned that a third book is in the works. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.


Object Pascal Handbook

by Marco Cantù

Marco has released an update to the definitive guide to the Object Pascal language as it exists in Delphi today.

Now available in print.



Parallel Programming with OmniThreadLibrary

by Primož Gabrijelčič

While not strictly a book about Delphi in general, it does include some interesting information about threading. However, it is primarily focused on the open source OnmiThreadLibrary. Which was also presented in a partner spotlight.

I received an update notice for this book not long ago. I love printed books, but this is one of the advantages of subscribing to an electronic version.

1 comment:

Dave said...

The Delphi Cookbook by Daniele Teti is also good: http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Cookbook-Daniele-Teti/dp/1783559586/